Wednesday, September 14, 2011

English makes me :)

Konichiwa! My name is Melissa and I present to you my blog Shiro Yuki, dedicated to Japanese.
I first became interested in Japan because its amazing creativity in street fashion. Now, I'm a fan of all things Japanese such as food, anime, music, art, and random little cute things. I hope to one day visit Japan so I can see the fast-paced society for myself, and try legit takoyaki.

Right now I'm a freshman at Columbia University, (prospectively) majoring in East Asian studies. I actually spent three months agonizing about whether to take Japanese or Korean. In the end, Japanese was the clear winner because not only would I like to speak Japanese and visit Japan, I can see myself staying there. I've just recently learned hiragana, although it is still a little difficult for me to read through a sentence.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. わたしも にほんのりょうりが すきです。すしは おいしい です!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guess what I had the same problem as you, deciding between to learn Japanese or Korean. Japanese won in the end cause it looked easier to me (at least the alphabets!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. +1 East Asian Studies. Does Columbia make you take two languages? We only had to take one back at Yale.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh,あのう、shiro yukiは なですか? Snow White?

    ReplyDelete