Wednesday, September 28, 2011

little achievements

I'm taking both Chinese and Japanese and already I'm starting to get confused, especially since we're starting Katakana and a lot of the characters are similar to Chinese ones T.T It's been a bit of an overload trying to memorize sets of both Chinese and Japanese characters at the same time, hopefully I won't become so disoriented that I end up writing Chinese on the Japanese midterm.


Yesterday I tried reading my bottle of Japanese cleansing oil and I was able to recognize a couple things here and there. It wasn't much, but I was pretty pleased to have made just a little progress, although it'll probably be a while before I can read a full on novel and not just skincare bottles.


It works really well! I recommend to any girls with stubborn makeup that won't come off  in one wash.


...I would type in Japanese, but I realized that I just don't know enough to convey my thoughts properly.

4 comments:

  1. I had to drop ちゅごくご because it was conflicting too much with my にほんご studies. (^_^;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. メリッサさんこんにちは。わたしのなまえはたかはしです。

    Yeah it must be very confusing sometimes to study Japanese and Chinese at the same time. But I am sure it can be very helpful sometimes to understand the meaning of the character and stuff.

    I have used the cleansing oil you posted here. I like using those Japanese product but it's so expensive here.... Where do you usually get those stuff?

    Anyway, I hope you enjoy your classes this week and practicing speaking/writing Japanese!

    にほんごのべんきょうがんばってくださいね!

    ReplyDelete
  3. こんにちは、Melissa さん。
    わたしはユエンです。ノートルダムだいがくのいちねんせいです。
    I am a student from University of Notre Dame, and I am working on the same blog project as you do!
    I come from China, and I also have some problems with the two languages at first, but then I decided to see them as two completely different languages, and now I am okay with it.
    I hope the advice will help a little bit.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ぼくはモルケーヒーです。ノートルダムで、ぼくもにほんごとちゅごくごをべんきょうします。It can be difficult, but don't worry until you get to 漢字. Compartmentalizing is the key.

    ReplyDelete